I knit the City Limits sweater by Tanis Lavallee using two fingering weight strands held double. The main colour throughout is Silver Grey on Basic Sock, and I changed the second strand colour every 4-5 inches using my six Broken Rainbow colours.
Want to knit a City Limits sweater just like mine? First you will need to get the pattern. Next you will purchase a yarn kit which includes all six Broken Rainbow colours from my Body Positivity yarn collection and Silver Grey on basic sock.
Depending on the size you knit you will receive either 25-gram minis, 50-gram minis or 115-gram full skeins on Basic Sock, plus between 1-4 full skeins of silver grey on Basic Sock.
See size details below:
Kit #1 (ages 0-6 months, 6-12 months, 1-2 years, and 2-4 years)
- contains 1 skein silver grey plus one 25-gram mini skein set of six broken rainbow colours.
Kit #2 (ages 4-6 years, 6-8 years, 8-10 years, and chest circumference 33 inches)
- contains 2 skeins silver grey plus one 50-gram mini skein set of six broken rainbow colours
Kit #3 (chest circumference 37.25 inches, 40 inches, and 43.5 inches)
- contains 3 skeins silver grey plus one 50-gram mini skein set of six broken rainbow colours
Kit #4 (chest circumference 48 inches)
- contains 3 skeins silver grey plus full skeins of all six broken rainbow colours
Kit #5 (chest circumference 52.5 inches, 56 inches, 60.5 inches, 64 inches, 68.5 inches)
- contains 4 skeins silver grey plus full skein of all six broken rainbow colours
80% Superwash Merino wool, 20% nylon
Although superwash wool is machine washable, for best results I recommend handwash cool, dry flat
The cost is for one skein though multiples may be available - please select your quantity from the drop-down menu.